Jr.-Int. Graphic Designer
Michael Jordan once said “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships”. Here at mx solutions we have an incredible team of highly intelligent designers and developers. Our design, marketing and technology experts have an immense amount of experience crafting digital solutions and enhancing brand value. We are based in Toronto but work with companies around the globe.
Our team is growing! We are looking for an Junior to Intermediate Graphic Designer to bring innovative designs and support our growing business. You will be working with our marketing and branding team to provide design and media solutions across a wide range of industries.
From designing logos, websites, brand development and collateral print and digital designs, you will be a key part of our team producing content for MAKE’s own marketing needs and our clients.
Job and roles include, but are not limited to:
- Design, update and modify artwork using Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat, Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- Able to work with print machines and set up artwork for print · Strategic thinker on illustration, typography, and color scheme to graphically display a concept, given characteristics of a brand in various industries. · Content and Photography creator of products and material
- Able to work quickly on tight deadlines.
- Excellent aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts, and layouts.
- A Team player with great interpersonal skills
- Able to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Design company logos, letterheads, brochures, presentations, promotional materials, and website elements.
- Meet with clients or other team members to determine requirements and vision for design elements, which may include multiple strategy meetings.
- Create multiple different versions of a similar product and send them through approvals.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest design trends through research and reading relevant material.
- Review finalized materials to be sure there are no errors.
- Work with internal technology software and hardware.
- Select fonts, colours, shapes, designs, styles, and layouts for projects.
- Clearly communicate design decisions and rationale to peers and stakeholders
- Uphold our design standards and inspire others towards design excellence
- Help shape our design standards and patterns internally
- The knowledge/ability to work with no/low code web building solutions like WordPress and Webflow is a great bonus but not required
- At least 2 years of experience as a graphic designer.
- High-level proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop). Requirements:
- Knowledge of Figma — our latest tool of choice.
- Time management skills to work on multiple projects at once and with various deadlines, especially if working in an agency
- Attention to detail to ensure that all client or team specifications are met and free of any errors
- Patience to send creative designs through multiple approval processes and often work with several different people to get a job done
- Creative mindset to be able to bring a design to life with simple instructions
- Strong organisational skills to keep up with various client needs or team projects
- Technical skills to work with popular graphic design programs like the Adobe suite
- Flexibility to be able to switch between projects or pivot quickly should the requirements of the project change
- An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your learnings with your peers
- Experience with WordPress and/or Webflow is a great bonus!
What We Offer
- Small agency vibe with fewer than 20 employees.
- A true team atmosphere where we support, know and encourage one another.
- Responsibility, ownership and room for growth from day one.
- A competitive salary.
- 4 weeks vacation.
- Benefits as a Health Spending Account.
- Trust-based work and time policy.
- Work from everywhere.
Our Hiring Process
- Application Review.
- Introduction video call with HR (30min.)
- Video call with your future manager (30-60min.)
- Pilot Project. We assign you a test task or two to evaluate your work and see if your enjoy working with our team. (1 week paid regardless of a job offer or not.)
- Job offer.
MAKE is a leading digital solutions firm based in the Greater Toronto Area. We have more than 20 years of experience providing companies with innovative strategy, design and technology solutions that allow them to stand out and make their mark in the global marketplace. Our team is here to help companies manage their brand, create engaging digital experiences and grow businesses.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly! mx solutions is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.