Michael Jordan once said “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships”. Here at mx solutions we have an incredible team of highly intelligent designers and developers. Our design, marketing and technology experts have an immense amount of experience crafting digital solutions and enhancing brand value. We are based in Toronto but work with companies around the globe.
We strongly believe that design has a huge influence on a user’s acceptance and engagement with every single product we build – especially website and mobile elements of our solutions. The design, even more than the technical features, influences how a user feels about a product and without a simple, easy to use, interface the user will end their engagement, no matter how good the functions are within the toolset.
Thus, the Senior UI/UX Designer has a critical role within our company. The Senior UI/UX Designer will be assigned to every product we take on and attend the initial meetings with the customer and project team to understand the scope of the request and how design will impact the use of the toolset by the participants.
The Senior UI/UX Designer will work hand-in-hand with the software developers throughout the life of the project to ensure the design elements are being met at each stage of the product build. Further the Senior UI/UX Designer will attend iterative / review meetings with the project team to receive ongoing feedback.
- At least 5 years of experience as a UI/UX or Product Designer
- Experiencing leading and coaching designers
- Experience contributing to design strategy for world-class web or mobile products
- A true focus on the customer—you are able to communicate clearly and concisely with the customer and you make your design decisions based on research, including interviews, usability testing and quantitative data
- A passion for the “why” of design, as well as the “what”
- An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your learnings with your peers
- Seek to deeply understand the problems you’re solving for our customers, and explore multiple high-level design approaches to solving them
- Lead the vision and design of your product area alongside product leadership
- Create clarity from ambiguity to drive decision making and build consensus
- Work closely with Software Developers to create world-class experiences
- Clearly communicate design decisions and rationale to peers and stakeholders
- Uphold our design standards and inspire others towards design excellence
- Apply user-centred design approaches to iterate on designs
- Mentor and coach peers to help them improve their craft
- Help shape our design standards and patterns internally
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly! mx solutions is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
20A Voyager Court South
Etobicoke ON M9W 5M7